This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.*
I found this video very interesting and inspiring, so I want to share it with you guys. It’s by Off Grid With Doug & Stacy and it covers some of the traits you need to have if you want to live off the grid.
Here are the 5 free things they’re talking about:
1. Patience – If you’re expecting great results from, say, your garden right away, you’re liable to be disappointed. That’s why it’s important to not only be patient but to enjoy the work as much as the harvest.
2. Positive Attitude – You’re going to run into a lot of problems living off the grid, but focusing on the negatives is counterproductive. You’ll be more successful if you think positive.
3. Flexibility – This is very important if you’re working with others on your homestead. Things might not always go the way you expect, or you might not like the way other people do things, but as long as goals are accomplished eventually. Otherwise, everyone involved will be miserable.
4. Resourcefulness – The ability to repurpose or upcycle items is huge. Learn where to find resources, barter with your neighbors, or find clever ways to make do with what you have.
5. Persistence – If you move off the grid, expect to fail. Again and again. You’re going to run into so many problems, but if you don’t give up, you’ll learn a lot and have a much greater sense of accomplishment in the end.
I highly encourage you to watch the video below to hear their comments on these things as they have a lot more to say.