Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
If you’re new to gardening, one of the first Youtube channels you should check out is GrowVeg. Their videos are short, to the point, and incredibly helpful. No, I’m not affiliated with them in any way, I’m just really impressed with their content.
On their website, they sell a program called the Garden Planner which allows you to map out your entire garden. It tells you how much space each plant needs, when to plant them, how long their growing seasons are, which plants grow well together and which don’t, and much more. Basically, if you’re a beginner, this planner won’t let you screw up.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It on Pinterest!
In this video, they share 10 tips that are guaranteed to boost your vegetable harvest. Here they are:
1. Feed Your Soil – Give it plenty of organic matter like compost and manure.
2. Feed Your Plants – Give them fertilizer and occasionally water with comfrey tea.
3. Grow In Beds – It’s easier and more efficient to grow food this way.
4. Choose Plants That Thrive – Pick plants that will do well in your region.
5. Grow More In The Shade – Make use of shady areas with plants that will grow there.
Want to start a homestead but not sure how?
Sign Up & get a FREE book, "How To Homestead No Matter Where You Live."
6. Collect Rainwater – It has fewer contaminants and is the preferred pH of most plants.
7. Extend The Growing Season – Use plant protection such as cold frames and low tunnels.
8. Space Plants Correctly – Make sure they aren’t too close or too far apart.
9. Pair Up Plants – Take advantage of companion planting, such as corn as a support for climbing beans.
10. Work To Prevent Pests – Place barriers over plants, remove bug hiding places, and plant flowers.
Watch the video below to learn more details about how to implement these harvest-boosting methods.