If you’ve always wanted a meat smoker but you can’t afford to buy one or don’t know how to make one, you have to watch this video by Cottage Life DIY. He builds a smoker out of two flower pots, and it’s so easy to make that anyone can do it.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 large clay flower pots
- A round grilling grate
- A grill base for the charcoal
- BBQ smoker gasket
- U-Bolt to use as a handle
- Some charcoal
- 4 wine corks
- A brick that fits in the bottom of the pot
- Hickory smoking chips to improve flavor
- Some tin foil
- A thermometer
Here’s how to make it:
- Cut and fit gasket onto the rims of the flower pots.
- Drill two small holes in the bottom for the U-Bolt. If the holes are too small, make them slightly larger.
- Drill four ventilation holes for air flow (two on top, two on bottom sides).
- Put the four wine corks into the ventilation holes.
- Put a brick in the bottom of the pot and put the charcoal base on it.
- Add some burning charcoal to it, then put the wood chips on the charcoal.
- Put the grill grate in. It should be a few inches above the charcoal.
- Now put one flower pot (the lid) on top of the other flower pot.
- Cover the drainage hole with some tin foil, and put the thermometer through it.
- Control the air circulation with the wine corks.
- Put your food on the grill and enjoy!
Watch the video below to see it done.
Want to start a homestead but not sure how?
Sign Up & get a FREE book, "How To Homestead No Matter Where You Live."