If you’ve always wanted a meat smoker but you can’t afford to buy one or don’t know how to make one, you have to watch this video by Cottage Life DIY. He builds a smoker out of two flower pots, and it’s so easy to make that anyone can do it.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It On Pinterest!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 large clay flower pots
- A round grilling grate
- A grill base for the charcoal
- BBQ smoker gasket
- U-Bolt to use as a handle
- Some charcoal
- 4 wine corks
- A brick that fits in the bottom of the pot
- Hickory smoking chips to improve flavor
- Some tin foil
- A thermometer
Here’s how to make it:
- Cut and fit gasket onto the rims of the flower pots.
- Drill two small holes in the bottom for the U-Bolt. If the holes are too small, make them slightly larger.
- Drill four ventilation holes for air flow (two on top, two on bottom sides).
- Put the four wine corks into the ventilation holes.
- Put a brick in the bottom of the pot and put the charcoal base on it.
- Add some burning charcoal to it, then put the wood chips on the charcoal.
- Put the grill grate in. It should be a few inches above the charcoal.
- Now put one flower pot (the lid) on top of the other flower pot.
- Cover the drainage hole with some tin foil, and put the thermometer through it.
- Control the air circulation with the wine corks.
- Put your food on the grill and enjoy!
Watch the video below to see it done.
Want to start a homestead but not sure how?
Sign Up & get a FREE book, "How To Homestead No Matter Where You Live."