By being smart, determined, and very resourceful. In this video, Prepper Princess explains how.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It On Pinterest!
Here’s what she bought:
- 36 lbs of chicken at 48 cents a pound.
- 50 lbs of Quaker oats 22 cents a pound.
- Bag of apple chips for $4.10.
- 2 bags of granola for $9.25.
- 2 bags of dehydrated potatoes for $14.05.
- 6 boxes of mac & cheese for 48 cents each.
- Bag of pancake mix for $1.80.
- Bag of sunflower seeds for $6.05.
- 9 bags of instant pasta for $8.91.
- 25 pounds of rice at 49 cents a pound.
Now admittedly, there is a little bit of “cheating.” For example, she doesn’t count the butter since that’s mainly for cooking. She doesn’t count the chicken feed for her chickens even though they provide eggs every day.
In addition, she gets some fruit from her orange tree, vegetables from a garden, and she plans on going fishing. So she doesn’t literally get a year’s worth of food for $100, but this is still about as frugal as you can possibly get.
To get deals this good, she had to be patient and search all over the place. Doing this takes time, but it’s worth it. Even if you can’t find deals as good as these, you’ll still spend way less on groceries than you used to.
Watch the video below for more info and her thoughts on these foods.