These are the most delicious pancakes in the world! At least according to me, my kids, and my grandma, but I think you’ll agree with us once you try them.
My grandma taught this recipe to my mom, and she taught it to me, and none of us ever bothered writing it down until now. It’s similar to most from-scratch pancake recipes, but what I love about this recipe is it has a little more sugar and an ingredient that most pancake recipes don’t have (but should): vanilla.
The result is a pancake that is sweet, fluffy, and addictive. We make them all the time. So without further ado, here’s the recipe:
- 1.5 cups of white flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter (not margarine)
- 1 egg
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) together thoroughly.
2. Create a well in the dry mix, and pour the wet ingredients (vanilla extract, whole milk, melted butter, and the egg) into it.
3. Stir it up until it the ingredients are well mixed, but there’s no need to keep stirring until all the lumps are gone. In fact, some lumps are good because the pancakes will be fluffier.
4. Preheat your skillet. It should be hot enough that when a drop of water hits the skillet, it sizzles and evaporates right away. Use a 1/4 cup to measure out the right amount of batter, and pour it into your skillet.
5. Wait until bubbles appear in the batter, then flip it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. This recipe should make at least 10 pancakes, possibly a dozen, depending on how much you fill your measuring cup.
6. Add some butter and syrup and start eating!
Let me know if you tried this recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do![kkstarratings]