Regardless of what happens in the world, we gotta eat. But even something as simple as making a meal can be a challenge when times are tough. Especially if you don’t know how to cook.
That’s why we want to share 5 meals that are easy to make and easy to clean up. Better yet, they’re made with great-tasting and nutritious ingredients. In this video from the Youtube channel, City Prepping, Prepper Potpourri guides us through the process.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It on Pinterest!
Here are the recipes…
1. Spam and Vegetables on Rice
- 1 16-ounce can Spam
- 1 16-pounce can VegAll (Mixed carrots, green beans, potatoes and peas)
- 1 8-ounce package of flavored rice
- Teriyaki sauce (optional)
- Cut the spam into bite-sized chunks. An optional step is to marinate the spam chunks in teriyaki in while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Drain the VegAll and reserve.
- Brown the Spam in a frying pan
- Make the rice according to package directions
- Add the VegAll to the Spam
- Pour the cooked rice on top and mix.
2. Chicken Ranch Mac ‘n Cheese
- 1 box of macaroni and cheese
- 1 8-ounce can of chicken breast
- 1 4-ounce can of Carnation evaporated milk
- 1 16-ounce can of diced tomatoes and green chilis
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Make the macaroni and cheese
- When mac and cheese done add the chicken
- Add half of the tomato/chile blend and spices and stir
- Brown ¼ cup of breadcrumbs
- Plate and top with breadcrumbs and serve
3. Ham Corn Fritters
- 1 16-ounce box corn muffin mix
- 1 8-ounce can smoked ham
- 1 16-ounce can whole kernel corn
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the muffin mix with ingredients from the package direction and add sugar and mix
- Add the ham and half of the corn
- Add the salt and pepper and mix all together
- Pour some oil in a preheated frying pan
- Drop the fritters into the oil until browned. Flip
4. Corned Beef and Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 14-ounce can of corned beef
- 1 26-ounce can of yams
- 2 tablespoons of Dehydrated onions
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Cooking oil
- Heat oil in frying pan and add onions to brown
- Chop yams and add to pan and brown
- Add corned beef and brown
- Flatten the mix and brown and turn
- Season to taste and serve
5. Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Cook pancakes and serve
For more details on these recipes, watch the video below.
These recipes came from Prepper Potpourri. You can check out their channel here.