One of the best products for protecting or healing dry skin is a lotion bar. A lotion bar is simply normal lotion that remains solid at room temperature but rubs effortlessly onto your hands or other parts of your body.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It On Pinterest!
While you can buy lotion bars at the store to stock up on, it’s also a good idea to learn how to make your own so you can be more self-sufficient. While lotion bars are definitely not critical for your survival, they can still be a nice item to make your life a little easier.
As this video by Common Sense Home explains, here is how to make DIY Lotion Bars.
Start by gathering these ingredients:
Once you have gathered those materials, follow these steps to make your lotion bar:
- Place the oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax together in a pot.
- Place the pot over a low flame or on the ‘keep warm’ setting of your stove.
- Use a spoon to mix the ingredients together as they melt.
- Once the mixture is melted, you can pour it into your molds while it is still warm.
- Allow the mixture to cool down before you remove it from the molds; alternatively, you can cool them down for ten to fifteen minutes in the refrigerator (you do not need to continue refrigerating after the bars are done).
And that’s it! You now have solid DIY lotion bars that will be just like the normal lotion bars you can buy at the store.
To see how it’s done, check out the video by Common Sense Home below.