If you have a small homestead or are fairly new to homesteading, sheep are an excellent livestock option. They don’t require a lot of space and are fairly easy to handle. That’s just a couple reasons why you should consider getting them for your homestead.
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It On Pinterest!
1. They Are Ruminant Herbivores – These types of animals make very nutrient-dense fertilizer and can revitalize a landscape. Also, they can be 100% grass-fed. No grains or feed required.
2. Great for Small-Scale Acreage – You can keep about five sheep per acre, so they’re a great option if you don’t have a lot of land.
3. Easy to Handle – They don’t get too big and they are relatively easy to corral, and they’re usually very gentle.
4. You Get Three Yields – Sheep produce meat, wool, and milk. That makes them very valuable.
Want to start a homestead but not sure how?
Sign Up & get a FREE book, "How To Homestead No Matter Where You Live."
5. Easier to Manage Meat Yield – Cattle are large and produce a lot of meat to deal with and store. Sheep produce a more reasonable amount of meat for a single family.
There’s a little more to these benefits than what I’ve written here, so watch the video below to learn more.