Yeast is well known for being one of the most common bread making ingredients. But what if you don’t have any yeast?
The good news is you don’t have to give up your bread making hopes, and it’s perfectly possible to make your own bread without any yeast at all.
As this video by Townsends discusses, you can make bread with no yeast in just thirty to forty minutes, include prep time. Here’s the recipe…
Want to save this post for later? Click Here to Pin It On Pinterest!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¾ cups of water, around eighty degrees Fahrenheit
- Cookie sheet and parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Pre-heat your oven to 425F.
- Line your cookie sheet with the parchment paper.
- In your bowl, whisk together the sugar, salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Add in water and mix everything together with your fork and your spatula.
- Sprinkle flour over a flat surface.
- Place the dough over the flour-covered flat surface and knead it together for around two minutes.
- The dough should now be very smooth.
- Flatten out the dough into a rectangle shape with the palm of your hand.
- Fold the dough as if it were an envelope.
- Sprinkle a little bit more flour over the dough.
- Form the dough into your preferred loaf shape.
- Place the dough over your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F.
- Lower the temperature to 350F and bake for another ten minutes.
- Cool the bread over a wire rack.
And that’s it! As you can see, it’s an incredibly simple and straightforward process to prepare bread without any yeast involved whatsoever.
Want to start a homestead but not sure how?
Sign Up & get a FREE book, "How To Homestead No Matter Where You Live."
To see how it’s done or following along, watch the video by Townsends below.
Like this post? Don’t forget to Pin It On Pinterest!